commons-dev mailing list archives

From duncan_l_kr...@bankone.com
Subject ClassCast Exception when returning an object from the Digester.parse method
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:20:22 GMT
Hello, when I use the digester I am having an issue when I try to get the
return object from the digester.parse method. I know what kind of object it
is returning, but when I try to cast it as that object it throws a
ClassCast Exception.  What is strange is that when I cast it as an object,
it works fine and when I get the className on the object it is the object
type that I am expecting. But again when I try to cast that to the object
type that I know it is, it throws the ClassCast Exception. This is how I am
putting the class onto the digester stack.

digester.addObjectCreate("site-config",
"techone.groups.appcontainer.conf.SiteConfig", "className");

Any help would be greatly appreciated - dk

electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.