commons-dev mailing list archives

From ericpa...@discoverfinancial.com
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] FastHashMap performance
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:21:41 GMT

Just an observation...  it might be nice to integrate what makes the
FastHashMap fast into its name.  From what I understand, after
setFast(true) is called, it is faster for gets but slower for puts.  Maybe
a name such as FastGetHashMap with a method called setFastGet(boolean)
would help people decide when to use it better (if there's ever a
question).

Eric Pabst
ericpabst@netzero.net

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Shapira, Yoav" |
|         |           <Yoav.Shapira@mp|
|         |           i.com>          |
|         |                           |
|         |           06/03/03 11:17  |
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Jakarta     |
|         |           Commons         |
|         |           Developers List"|
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
                              |
  |        cc:
                        |
  |        Subject: [COLLECTIONS] FastHashMap performance
                        |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Howdy,
Has anyone benchmarked the performance of the FastHashMap and how it
compares to the java.util.HashMap implementation?  If so, are the
benchmarks available online somewhere?

I don't doubt its quality nor its performance, just curious... Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended
recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system
and notify the sender.  Thank you.