commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Dunbar" <bdun...@dunbarconsulting.org>
Subject [Configuration]Missing Jars for Build and Bug with ClassPropertiesConfiguration
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:27:30 GMT
Item 1:

I was building commons-configuration from scratch and it was having problems
retrieving some of the jar files from ibiblio. I made fixes to the build.xml
file to add/modify some lines to get it to work. My fixed build.xml is
attached.

Item 2:

The ClassPropertiesConfiguration seems to only be able to load properties
files from within the package of the class passed into the constructor. I
have been unable to successfully load a properties file from the root of the
classpath by placing a "/" at the beginning of the name (as the source code
indicates one should do). The source code indicates that the Javadoc for
find that in the javadoc for ClassLoader and in testing I have been unable
to get ClassLoader to load a file that beings with a "/".

If I am correct, I propose that ClassPropertiesConfiguration be changed as
described below. In my experience it is more likely that properties files
need to be loaded from the root of the classpath then from a specific
package within the classpath (but that is my experience).

Use the classloader of class that is provided by the constructor.
Add a constructor that indicates whether to use relative or absolute.
Change getPropertyStream to utilize the relative or absolute flag.
Add a test case that checks that absolute paths work.

I will gladly submit a patch to do the above if what I propose makes sense.

Brian Dunbar