commons-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] @throws IllegalArgumentException
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 23:02:35 GMT
>I am dutifully cleaning up the CheckStyle warnings in my code and I am
>hesitating to remove @throws IllegalArgumentException, which CheckStyle
>currently complains about. I am a little ambivalent about this.  There is a
>property (checkstyle.javadoc.checkUnusedThrows) that we can set to make it
>ignore these. I notice that [lang] has this set to false. I actually prefer
>to leave these "unused throws tags" in. Any strong opinions on this?

There are many Java classes that use the @throws tag with a
RuntimeException.  Removing it from the javadoc is a very bad idea because
it always helps to know what exceptions a method throws.  I'm assuming
checkstyle is complaining because the exception isn't listed in the actual
throws signature which is easily fixable.

David