commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Will Stranathan" <wstranat...@hotmail.com>
Subject [math]? financial functions?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:55:07 GMT
Has there been any discussion about the possibility of adding some work to
Commons somewhere for common financial functions?  I don't know if this
necessarily falls in the scope of the Math project, or if I would need to
submit a proposal, or if there is any general interest in this.

Some of the functionality that I'm thinking about is things like:
- Number of periods to bring an annuity to a target value (or pay off a loan
- i.e., NPER)
- Calculation of interest and principal for current payment
- Amortization schedules
- Minimum payment amount calculations, given an interest rate, principal,
desired payoff date, etc.

Let me know if there's enough interest for me to put together a proposal (or
if this need is already met elsewhere).

Thanks,
Will Stranathan