commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [math] Add Al Chou as contributor
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:04:37 GMT
On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 04:12 AM, Phil Steitz wrote:

<snip>

> One more thing: the web site on jakarta.apache.org is a couple of revs
> out of date.  My awe at the power of maven wanes a little when I see that
> ;-).  Is it just a matter of one of you guys manually firing "maven site:
> deploy"   Shouldn't the nightly kick this off?  How does this work for
> the other jakarta sites?

the site is manually deployed but daedelus karma is required.

IIRC the nightly is run on craig's personal machine (and GUMP is run on a
covalent one). there are certain matters of policy and politics about
getting automatic site updates since daedelus (www.apache.org) is run on
surprisingly low spec hardware. i believe that infrastructure is working
on measures to address these problems but it's unlikely that jakarta will
be able to automate until that change is completed.

- robert