commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Pato Loco" <patolo...@hotmail.com>
Subject [JXPATH] Bug in PropertyPointer.java
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:06:21 GMT
Hi,

I couldn't find a JXPATH entry in Bugzilla, that's why I am reporting here.
I think there is a bug in .../jxpath/ri/model/beans/PropertyPointer.java in
method setPropertyIndex(). The method looks like this:

   public void setPropertyIndex(int index) {
       propertyIndex = index;
       index = WHOLE_COLLECTION;
   }

I guess the purpose of the second line of this method is to set the index
member variable inherited from NodePointer. But doesn't this code set the
index argument passed into the method instead? I suggest the following
solution:

   public void setPropertyIndex(int index) {
       propertyIndex = index;
       this.index = WHOLE_COLLECTION;
   }