commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sung-Gu" <jeri...@apache.org>
Subject [SURVEY] Commons-URI or not?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:09:40 GMT

Hi all,

I suggest that jakarta-commons provides flexible URI issue implementations
as a package.

Various applications using URI concept comes in the internet world.   and
they need common mechanisms and algorithms for URI.

For example, all internet programs will need fundamental functionalites of
URI like extensible parsing and manipulation container for URL reference,
URN and URC,  escape codec mechanism, charset tranformation functionality,
URI transformation from real world identities or URN, or other
transformations related to DNS or telephony...   If it would be prepared
commonly in Jakarta, we can save development powers.   So I suggest new
commons-uri package.

FYI, currently the commons-httpclient is using it.

Any comments?
Or any +1, -1?

Sung-Gu

P.S.: If the requirement is very weak, I want  to put the new package into
commons-sandbox even for a long while in my opinion...