commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Commiter Phil Steitz
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 06:46:02 GMT
hi mark

it's pretty much the scenario that you describe that concerns me. phil has
certainly been the most active member of the commons-math development team
but commons-math was originate by myself. i'm glad to say that tim joined
and has done most of the spade work (good work, tim). it's a credit to the
commons-math community that the contribution by non-committers has been so
great. this points towards a healthy future for the component.

there are other avenues in apache available for the development of code
bases - the incubator project or the commons project where the rules and
aims are different. but commons-math is in the sandbox and we need to be
careful about remaining within the bounds set.

- robert