commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] promote commons attributes to the commons proper
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:23:15 GMT
the main reason why i'm actively opposed to adding committers for sandbox
components is that i believe that it's beyond the scope of the commons
charter. there are several senior figures at apache who are concerned
about jakarta-commons. one is on record as believing that the contents of
the sandbox breaks the jakarta charter. i hope that you'll understand the
reasons why i'm concerned that we're seen to be following the rules.

james - if you feel so strongly, then you might consider voting in jon
through the pmc with jakarta-commons-sandbox privileges. (there can be no
doubt that the pmc has the right to do this.)

forking the code base is another perfectly valid solution. or someone
could approach the incubator (or apache commons) where the rules are
different.

on the other hand, the effort to prepare commons-attributes shouldn't be
too great (i've done it for a few other components) especially given the
plan that jon proposes. i'd volunteer myself but i really, really don't
have time at the moment.

- robert