commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Galluzzo <egallu...@einnovation.com>
Subject Re: DBCP status?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:31:02 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> Since James really does need a new connection pooler, and I'm stuck
> having to invest some time into making **some** database pooler more
> robust, is the DBCP project open to this?  I'm not sure if there are
> any committers remaining, or what exactly is the next step.  Basically
> I would make the following changes:
>
> - Allow the pool to optionally close a connection on a SQL exception
> (since that will often corrupt the transaction and/or indicate the
> connection is boofed).

We are using DBCP in an application that has not yet gone to production,
but is in active development; and we could definitely use this feature.
Of course, I could just hack the source and implement it myself, but
I've been too lazy thus far. :)  Anyway, just wanted to let you know
that your proposed enhancements would be much appreciated by the user
community!

> - Maybe implement logging via commons logging so you can catch events
> rather than just use a writer.

This would be nice, too: we're using C-L in our app.

> - Make a formal new release (either 1.1 or 2.0, I don't care), just so
> the examples, test code, and javadoc (in distro and website) all have
> working examples.

That would all be just great!

    Hoping you decide to go this route,

    Eric