commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: DBCP status?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:04:23 GMT
Mark Lewis wrote:
> Serge,
>
> I'm using DBCP in a production environment.  It actually does support
> validation queries to detect whether a connection is bogus or not.

Yes, but that doubles the # of SQL statements.  And I actually have
probably no more than 8 SQL statements in total (all prepared), so the
issue is not the SQL but the connection.

> I can provide sample code if you'd like.  But like David said earlier,
> DBCP is pretty much a dead project.  It works well enough for my needs,
> but I'm not sure I'd integrate it into a project right now.

Do you know of anything else in Apache that could handle this?  Anybody
know what Tomcat is using at this point?

> On a related note, does anybody know what the status of
> PreparedStatement pooling is in the latest DBCP release?  It seems
> broken to me, but I might be doing something wrong.

We'd like that feature as well (since like I say we have so few SQL
statements), but that's a bummer if it's broken.  From the API it seems
like it would work.

--
Serge Knystautas
President