commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject DBCP status?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:06:08 GMT
Is anyone working on DBCP or planning another release anytime soon?
It's been almost a year, and the project seems pretty inactive.

I was trying to integrate DBCP into James this weekend to replace my
home-rolled DB connection, and after the fact realized that DBCP cannot
handle database restarts as without a validate SQL statement, DBCP
doesn't realize connections are corrupt and keeps putting them back in
the pool.

Would anyone be interested in me supplying some patches to do some extra
checking, get some examples and documentation straight (I found 3 or 4
different "basic" examples, none of which worked for me)?  Are other
Apache projects using DBCP at this point, and is it reasonable to remove
methods that have not been implemented (like setLoginTimeout())?

--
Serge Knystautas
President