commons-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Eden ...@anthonyeden.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Add close() method to FileSystemManager
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:34:09 GMT

Morten Primdahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what the rationale behind not having the close()
> method on the interface is? The DefaulFileSystemManager has
> the implementation of this method, and it would make working
> with VFS.getManager() a little nicer.
>
> What's the status on this project BTW? I've noticed patches
> submitted here, but they didn't make it to the CVS. Are efforts
> slowing down or?

I am wondering the same.  VFS is a really good project and I hate to see
it languish in the commons sandbox.  What can we as a community do if we
  send patches or provide new code which is never comitted into the CVS.

I suppose the most drastic solution is to fork the code into
SourceForge, but I hate to do that if there is no reason for it.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden