commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject [math] RandomData and ValueServer Failures . . .
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:20:31 GMT
I appear to "occasionally" get JUnit test failures from ValueServer and
RandomData Tests. This would appear to be because the mean sampled
values can sometimes deviate from the expected mean even for 1000 case
draws, I know this happens "rarely", just enough over the last month or
so for me to start to notice this behavior. Oldly, when its off, its off
in a big way, so its not just a matter of changing the tolerance.

This is probibly a "weak fix" but maybe if you guys increase the sample
sizes on those tests so you can get a little better tolerance than 0.1.

-Mark