commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject [math] Proposed package structure
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:53:37 GMT
I have finally managed to dig up the various package structure
suggestions that we have tossed about on the list.  (The amount of
searching required reminded me that we need to be a little better about
naming and focusing threads ;-.).

I think that that structure that Mark recommended below will work, with
one trivial name change, one addition (analysis) and some updates.  I
propose that we move forward with it.

*org.apache.commons.math.random*

EmpiricalDistribution
EmpiricalDistributionImpl
RandomData
RandomDataImpl
ValueServer

*org.apache.commons.math.linear*

RealMatrix
RealMatrixImpl

*org.apache.commons.math.util*

ContractableDoubleArray
ExpandableDoubleArray
FixedDoubleArray
DoubleArray
MathUtils
ContinuedFraction

*org.apache.commons.math.stat*

TestStatistic
TestStatisticImpl
Freq
Univariate
UnivariateImpl
ListUnivariateImpl
AbstractStoreUnivariate
StoreUnivariate
StatUtils
BeanListUnivariate
subpackage distribution with current contents

*org.apache.commons.math.special*
Beta
Gamma

*org.apache.commons.math.analysis*
RootFinding
ConvergenceException
UnivariateFunction
<rootfinding framework>

I would be open to merging special with analysis, or making it a
subpackage.

I would also like to change the name of "Freq" to "Frequency".  It
bothers me every time I look at this name, which is a throwback to SAS.
  I should have changed it before submitting the class, but I was too
lazy to change my own code that depends on it. The name should be
changed to be a full word.

Phil