commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [math] Commons Proper (was: Re: [VOTE] New Commiter Phil Steitz)
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:54:48 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> Thanks Tetsuya,
>
> I suspect this would be the path to be taken in the near future.
>
> I think we are getting close, Robert is right, "patience", we will get
> there. But, being mathematicians tend to be perfectionists, I'm not sure
> all of us feel [math] is ready for Commons proper just yet. I'm sure
> others have varying opinions on the matter. All good statisticians
> recognize variability exists in all populations ;-)

I certainly don't feel like we are ready for a release at this time --
and believe me, I am no perfectionist. My understanding is that you
don't come out of the sandbox until you are ready to release something.
  I think that it is best for us to spend our time getting things on the
task list completed, deciding what we want to include in a release and
doing the work to get there.

Phil