commons-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.0] fileupload 1.0 RC 1 API breakage
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 17:45:07 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> Martin Cooper wrote:
>
>> Get your own act together, Tomcat developers, before you start pointing
>> the finger at those of us who really try hard to maintain compatibility
>> across Jakarta projects.
>>

> Was this really necessary?  The email below went to both the commons-dev
> and
> tomcat -dev lists.  If Remy was pointing the finger at anyone, it was at
> his
> fellow Tomcat Developers.  Thats how I interpreted it.
>
> We (tomcat devs) will fix use of FileUpload in Tomcat and move on, no
> big deal.

Sorry for the tone of the original email; I wasn't upset anyway, it was
just a quickly drafted email this morning before leaving to work (having
no access to my Apache email during the day).

BTW, I am not subscribed to commons-dev. I saw about the new Disk*
classes browsing archives, but didn't do a parallel.

One last note: IMO, as a rule (and esp in the commons), you should make
every effort to avoid breaking the API between a beta and a final.

Remy