commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] patches
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 02:50:54 GMT
Tim O'Brien wrote:
> Eeek.  I'll respond on the list only in that it might be of reference to
> someone in the future.  95% of my problems are solved via
> groups.google.com...
>
> 1. Make sure you are not hitting the public repository - you should
> either hit CVS using pserver and portforwarding, or ext with CVS_RSH=ssh

Yes, I was dragging around /home/cvspublic directories from my old
anonymous checkout. This is resolved in the following line of perl on
the commiters page, since I didn't use it to convert the anonymous
checkout on my crappy Windowz laptop. I ran into problems

% cd your-project-working-directory
% find . -type d -name CVS \
 > | perl -pe 's,(.*CVS$),$1/Root,' \
 > | xargs perl -pi -e \
 > 's,:pserver:anoncvs(.+:/home/cvs)public,:ext:username$1,'
% cvs -q update -dP

thanks again for the tip. -M.