commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] Support for CVS style command line
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:56:42 GMT

>Eitherway the implementation should be a simple case of setting a few attributes on the
HelpFormatter and supplying an alternate
>Options object:
>
>    if(commandLine.hasOption("--help-commands")){
>        // don't descend into suboptions
>        helpFormatter.setDepth(0);
>        // make sure aliases are displayed.
>        helpFormatter.setDisplayCommandAlias(true);
>        // display command help
>        helpFormatter.printHelp(commandsGroup.getOptions());
>    }
>    else if(commandLine.hasOption("--help")){
>        // display full help
>        helpFormatter.printHelp(allOptions);
>    }
>
>Of course this is based on my local HelpFormatter implementation; once it does a little
more I'll submit it for inclusion.
Does this mean you are currently implementing a HelpFormatter for CLI v2?
Good man yourself :-)

I'm willing to hand this over to you for the time being if you are implementing
a prototype of the alias functionality.  We can review the work when you feel
it is of sufficient quality.

Cheers,
-John K