commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DBCP status?
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:46:05 GMT
--- Tim Funk <funkman@joedog.org> wrote:
> Tomcat (5) uses BasicDataSourceFactory (but this can be overridden via a
>
> system property).

jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/factory/ResourceFactory.java

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/globalresources.html

> Things I'd like to see (but stayed quiet since I don't have time just
> yet to
> make my wishes come true)
> - Better support/debugging for forcing connections closed after being
> open
> for "too long"

This is exactly what got DBCP into trouble in the past.  I'm -1 on
providing any ability in DBCP to close lost connections.  DBCP should
provide the ability to *log* when it detects a resource leak but the
application is responsible for the health of the pool.

David