commons-dev mailing list archives

From Al Chou <hotfusion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [math][functor] More Design Concerns
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:55:24 GMT
--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@yahoo.de> wrote:
> > I clearly have never studied for a Java certification. <g>  Thanks for the
> > clarification, Phil.
>
> No difference to C++ or any other language with class methods
> I ever met.

I'm not much of a C/C++ programmer, either (even less so than I am a Java
programmer, actually).  In Ruby it's possible to rename an inherited class
method and then define a new method with the original name, effectively
allowing overriding of class methods.  Maybe it's the dynamic vs. static (no
pun intended) typing that accounts for the difference.

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou