commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] Commons-URI or not?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:06:19 GMT

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Eric Johnson wrote:

> [snip]
> One of the negatives that others have mentioned on the HttpClient list
> is the growing dependency problem within the Apache projects,
> particularly with the myriad of dependencies on commons projects, and
> among the commons projects themselves.  Perhaps what we need to do is
> start clumping some of the commons projects together, as well as having
> the stand-alone pieces we have now.  A first cut at combining some of
> the commons projects into one giant JAR might include:

Have a look at the build.xml file in the "combo" subdirectory of the
jakarta-commons CVS repository -- it lets you do exactly this sort of
thing, and even lets you pick the versions you want (by virtue of
specifying the CVS tags to build with).

I try to maintain the "latest official release" CVS tag of all released
commons packages (but nothing from the sandbox, since by definition they
are not released), but don't always have a chance to do so in a timely
manner -- others are welcome to help.

Craig McClanahan