commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject RE: DBCP status?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:21:02 GMT

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> I wouldn't rush to declare DBCP dead.  Database connection pooling is
> not exactly the most revolutionary development area right now: DBCP is
> good at what it does, is being used widely, and I personally am not
> aware of anything that required a DBCP release within the past year.

There are 5 non-enhancement bugs in the bug database, one marked Critical.
The Struts team was depending on DBCP for Struts 1.1 until recently, when
we abandoned it because those bugs were not being addressed, and we need
to get Struts 1.1 to a Final release Real Soon Now. DBCP may not be dead,
but it's not being actively maintained, either. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper