commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <stei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [math] @throws IllegalArgumentException
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:29:21 GMT

--- Andreou Andreas <andyhot@di.uoa.gr> wrote:

> Isn't there a checkstyle property exactly for this reason?
> Quoting from their docs:
> "JavadocMethod
> allowUndeclaredRTE -> whether to allow documented exceptions that are
> not declared if
> they are a subclass of java.lang.RuntimeException"
> This defaults to false.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I can't seem to get this to work via the maven
plugin, however.  I am no maven or CheckStyle expert, but this looks to me like
something supported by a later version of CheckStyle than what the maven plugin
uses.  The only way that I know to specify properties using the plugin is to
add them to checkStyle.properties.  The only docs that I can find for the
property above are for xml configuration.  I tried
checkstyle.javadoc.allowUndeclaredRTE and
checkstyle.javadocMethod.allowUndeclaredRTE and neither worked.

It is good news, in any case, that checkStyle supports the behavior.

Phil