commons-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vand...@ulg.ac.be>
Subject Re: [fileupload] [proposal] lib property in build.xml
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:40:11 GMT
Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> > My proposal  is to change  the reference to  the lib directory  to a
> > reference to a property so I can override it from my ant call.
>
> The problem is that build.xml for FileUpload is generated by Maven, so
> any change to it will be overwritten the next time it is generated.

I don't know your internals very well.

> I  don't really  understand what  the requirement  is for  Debian. You
> mention the  classpath, but  I don't  see how that  is related  to the
> 'lib' value in the build file.  Could you explain in more detail? Then
> perhaps we can find an alternative way of solving the problem.

1°  It is  not  acceptable that  a  Debian package  require an  internet
   connection to be build (they are all built from source and have to be
   built by  anyone who respect  the dependencies!).  It must  depend on
   other  packages  and  when  installed,  it  has  to  compile  without
   problem. So impossible to go to ibiblio!

2° I got some troubles with  my jdk (j2sdk 1.3 from Blackdown[1]) if the
   directory 'lib' is  in the classpath but does  not exist. Maybe there
   is a work around.

3° I have  to define the classpath by hand whereas  there is a directory
   containing all the installed jars[2].

Thanks for your help,

Footnotes:
[1] http://blackdown.org