commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [fileupload] [proposal] lib property in build.xml
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:08:36 GMT

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I  am  working  on  packaging  fileupload to  Debian.  Because  of  some
> requierments in Debian, I have to specify the CLASSPATH my self (or tell
> to  ant where  it is).  But I  do  not have  any lib  directory, so  ant
> craches.  I've  been  obliged   to  comment  the  additionnal  classpath
> information in the javac task.
>
> My  proposal is  to  change the  reference  to the  lib  directory to  a
> reference to a property so I can override it from my ant call.

The problem is that build.xml for FileUpload is generated by Maven, so any
change to it will be overwritten the next time it is generated.

I don't really understand what the requirement is for Debian. You mention
the classpath, but I don't see how that is related to the 'lib' value in
the build file. Could you explain in more detail? Then perhaps we can find
an alternative way of solving the problem.

--
Martin Cooper