commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: DBCP status?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:29:06 GMT
existing apache committers have traditionally had few problems about being
elected committers here so access shouldn't really be a problem.

i'd say that there will probably be quite a difference in atmosphere
between the two sub-projects. developing in the jakarta commons means
putting up with folks here, subscribing to the commons-dev mailing list
(which is pretty high volume) but is high visibility. db-commons should be
quieter and more focused on database components.

if people think that moving would be a good idea, then it'd probably be a
good idea to check first with the existing committers (probably a VOTE
would be a good way to handle it). so i suppose that the first step should
really be to propose a VOTE to elect noel as a commons committer. i'd
prefer it if it came from one of the existing DBCP committers but if no
one steps up sometime soonish i'll set something in motion.

- robert