commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] inconsistency in boolean handling
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:32:34 GMT
On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 16:41, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have a variable in the context that is a String and has a value of
> "true". Using <j:if/> and <j:when/> yield different results.
>
> If ${value} is set to "true" :
>
> <j:if test="${value}"> evaluates to false and the body doesn't run.
>
> while
>
> <j:when test="${value}"> evaluates to true and the body runs.
>
> Before each of these blocks I am echoing the value of ${value} and it
> appears to be "true". From the source they they look like they are
> evaluated the same yet I am getting different results?
>
> Anyone know of any oddities with boolean evaluation?

This is part of another more subtle error, in my <j:if/> evaluation the
body is indeed run but the body is an ant task where a NPE occurs and it
seems to get completely eaten and everything continues. So it looks like
it doesn't evaluate but does. I'll dig deeper.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com