commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] inconsistency in boolean handling
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:32:34 GMT
On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 16:41, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Howdy,
> I have a variable in the context that is a String and has a value of
> "true". Using <j:if/> and <j:when/> yield different results.
> If ${value} is set to "true" :
> <j:if test="${value}"> evaluates to false and the body doesn't run.
> while
> <j:when test="${value}"> evaluates to true and the body runs.
> Before each of these blocks I am echoing the value of ${value} and it
> appears to be "true". From the source they they look like they are
> evaluated the same yet I am getting different results?
> Anyone know of any oddities with boolean evaluation?

This is part of another more subtle error, in my <j:if/> evaluation the
body is indeed run but the body is an ant task where a NPE occurs and it
seems to get completely eaten and everything continues. So it looks like
it doesn't evaluate but does. I'll dig deeper.

Jason van Zyl

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message