commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject [Jelly] inconsistency in boolean handling
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:41:13 GMT
Howdy,

I have a variable in the context that is a String and has a value of
"true". Using <j:if/> and <j:when/> yield different results.

If ${value} is set to "true" :

<j:if test="${value}"> evaluates to false and the body doesn't run.

while

<j:when test="${value}"> evaluates to true and the body runs.

Before each of these blocks I am echoing the value of ${value} and it
appears to be "true". From the source they they look like they are
evaluated the same yet I am getting different results?

Anyone know of any oddities with boolean evaluation?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com