commons-dev mailing list archives

From maciek <mac...@pb-network.com>
Subject RE: [PATH]FileUpload fix for filename for msiexplorer
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:46:51 GMT
My problem came out when I was working on an administration module with
the ability to upload files to client's directory on a linux server, to
be more specific mostly images to be displayed on a client's web site.
FileUpload component when used with netscape uploaded only the file
which was what I wanted, but with MSIE the whole path was saved as, for
example : /home/clientA/C:\Documents\myImages\test.jpg and was not
usable. Then I tested for user-agent in a jsp file and parse a return
String from getName() accordingly stripping the path info if it was MSIE
client.This quick/simplistic and not robust solution worked for my
administration module requirements and
I do understand that there may not be the need to implement this
functionality in the component like Martin Cooper explained making a
strong point for it and leave it to web developers and their
applications requirements.
Regards,
maciej
ps.I would like to thank everybody for valuable insights so far to help
me look at the issue from different points of view.