commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] Commons-csv or not?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:04:51 GMT
Hmm .. an "import-stuff-into-xml" project? Interesting...

I have in fact written exactly this for my current employer, for a
(continuously expanding) series of formats. We then apply stylesheets to
the results, for various purposes.

I doubt I could contribute any code, but can definitely confirm that I
would have used such a library if it had existed about a year ago when I
started (and had been sufficiently flexible/complete)!

I could also contribute a collection of weird and wonderful formats as
invented by our clients :-)

Here's a few possible formats in addition to csv:
* ASN.1
* windows .ini files
* java .properties files
* EDIFACT
* apache-httpd .conf format :-)

And here's some potential "competitors", which also import data into xml
formats:
* Microsoft Biztalk
* IBM Websphere Business Integration

Note that I'm not pushing for or against the existence of this project.
Just had some thoughts to toss into the discussion....

Cheers,

Simon