commons-dev mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject Re: DBCP status?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:02:51 GMT
DBCP has 5 open bugs.  I recently was looking at 18905 and modified some
test code so that it is possible to reproduce.  I did not get to the
solution, so the test is not activated.

It looks like 20649, could be resolved in some fashion by removing the
use of AbandonedObjectPool.  Getting rid of this code has already been
proposed and agreed upon, if someone wants to submit a patch to do so.
But the bug is only 2 weeks old, I don't think it can be declared as
suffering from neglect.

I am the primary developer of the jdbc2pool and cpdsadapter packages.  I
do not see any reason to merge the code into one package with the rest
of dbcp.  They seem packaged appropriately to me.  The main thing that
needs to be done here is to rename the "jdbc2" in the names to something
else.  I don't know what is a better name, but we should not release
with "jdbc" in the class or package names.

If anyone wants to become an active developer on dbcp, they are welcome,
but I think having at least one patch submitted before people start
calling for a vote on new committers should be a minimum.  Remember that
once you are a committer on dbcp, you too get to subscribe to the deluge
known as commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org in order to watch for the one
email a month that might be related to a problem or question on dbcp.

john mcnally