commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lewis <mark.le...@mir3.com>
Subject Re: DBCP status?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:51:23 GMT
Serge,

I'm using DBCP in a production environment.  It actually does support
validation queries to detect whether a connection is bogus or not.

You just need to call setValidationQuery() on the
PoolableConnectionFactory, and enable testOnBorrow on the ObjectPool you
pass to the DBCP init stuff.

I can provide sample code if you'd like.  But like David said earlier,
DBCP is pretty much a dead project.  It works well enough for my needs,
but I'm not sure I'd integrate it into a project right now.

On a related note, does anybody know what the status of
PreparedStatement pooling is in the latest DBCP release?  It seems
broken to me, but I might be doing something wrong.

-- Mark Lewis