commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim O'Brien <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject Re: [math] financial functions?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:47:51 GMT
I don't think we have the carrying capacity for that right now.  I'm
proposing that someone put a simple class with some financial
calculations in
contrib/econ/src/java/org/apache/commons/math/area/econ/EconUtil.java

1. "econ" can be viewed as a dependent "module" to commons-math.
2. "econ" can be deployed as a separate component jar commons-math-econ
- remember J2ME devices might only want to use some core Stat routine.
3. "econ" will definitely have separate xdocs and user guide
4. Once a community has developed around "econ" it can go flourish
independently.

Essentially, commons-math needs to focus on promotion with a limited
scope.  After promotion we'll see what happens.