commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Tirsén <...@tirsen.com>
Subject Re: _Commons-Attributes_(sandbox)_and_Jon_Tirsén.
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 19:58:42 GMT
Why implement something that's JSR175-compliant? That's gonna be part of
JDK1.5 anyway. Besides it's probably not doable since it requires a
language-change.

Attrib4J and JSR175 has tons of extra stuff where I've always seen
commons-attributes (and Nanning) as extremely simplistic, ie named
attributes whose values are strings.

In my experience this has been very useful and for a very small
price-tag (both when it comes to learning the API, and of course
implementing it).

I don't see the point of putting commons-attributes in this direction
(but it's not my decision to make). Why not just do it in attrib4j which
has that intent? If it necessarily has to be a Jakarta-project why not
start another one?