commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim O'Brien <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject Re: [math] Add Al Chou as contributor
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:35:23 GMT
On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 22:12, Phil Steitz wrote:
> One more thing: the web site on jakarta.apache.org is a couple of revs
> out of date.  My awe at the power of maven wanes a little when I see
> that ;-).  Is it just a matter of one of you guys manually firing "maven
> site:deploy"

This is part of my daily routine, but my days, of late, have not been
very routine.  I just published the site.

> Shouldn't the nightly kick this off?  How does this work
> for the other jakarta sites?

It should be, but I am not aware of a universal solution for
periodically building a Maven site and deploying it to the site.  The
only other similar effort I see is Jakarta Gump, and I believe that Sam
Ruby generates this via a periodic script.  Either way, I think it is
sufficient for now if someone generates the site manually once a day
because the project reports do provide good feedback.

Either way this issue should be on our radar, and I'm wondering if
MavenNG is something that could help out down the line.  From what I see
on the Wiki, that concept is still developing.

Tim