commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [lang] NestableDelegate
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2003 14:39:08 GMT
This one slipped by I think...

I can see no reason why we can't make NestableDelegate have public methods
and constructor. (Of course supplying a test class would help the
process...)

Any objections from anyone else?

Stephen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arun Thomas" <Arun.Thomas@solidusnetworks.com>
> Hello....
>
> I'm wondering if there's a reason that the NestableDelegate class in
commons lang has only a package private constructor  and delegation methods
even though it is a public class.  As far as I can see, the only reason for
NestableDelegate to be public (rather than package private) is so that other
implementations of Nestable could make use of it.  However, the package
private constructor/methods makes such use impossible.

> I would like to make use of it for enhancing new exceptions in a
pre-existing inheritance heirarchy to implement the Nestable interface.  Any
chance the constructor and delegation methods could be made public?