commons-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Improving the process of distributables
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 18:36:42 GMT
One thing that the Avalon team is looking at seriously is the concept
of a "bundle" or "assembly".  One thing we realize is that it is really
a bigger concept than merely a way to package Avalon components.  There
are several issues that make a Mac OS Bundle or a .NET Assembly to the
simple JARs we have in Java world.

We have been talking about it for a while, and I outlined some
requirements here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=105249351002743&w=2

The question is if there is a broader group of people who would like
to collaboratively work on this project.  If so, we would be very
happy to hold all talks over here and have it developed in Jakarta's
Sandbox.

Again, we really think this will help solve a number of issues that
are common to many application domain areas, not just Avalon.  Besides,
there are probably quite a few folks here who have plenty of experience
with this type of problem.

Am I far off?