commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] XInclude processor for xml-commons
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 01:06:55 GMT
on 5/8/03 2:54 PM Andy Clark wrote:

Andy,

thanks for replying. This is very useful information for us.

I did have a problem with SAX that you mentioned: attributes being
read-only. I also think that an event that includes metadata
capabilities might turn out to be *very* useful for us in the future.

> Also, XNI fulfills a different need than SAX. XNI is
> for building different kinds of parsers whereas SAX
> is for communicating document information to the app.
> XNI could also be used for this purpose but that is
> not the primary goal. And we've never marketed XNI
> that way.

Do you see any technological disadvantage in replacing SAX with XNI?

--
Stefano.