commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [lang] Some suggested exception additions.
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 17:04:29 GMT

I like them all as well. I'm wary of the ones that don't extend another
Exception as I think extending an existing JVM exception is a nice idea.
Could IncompleteArgument extend IllegalArgument? Also, could the concept
of an incomplete argument be defined further?

I think IllegalClass could also extend IllegalArgument as it seems mainly
useful in the argument context, but there could be contexts I'm missing.

I also assume that the constructors for each one do allow me to set a
message if I am not happy with the default one?

Hen