commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [beanutils] new code submission
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:18:41 GMT

I'd like to submit/commit some code to beanutils:

BeanTester, a JUnit extension which uses BeanUtils to test a JavaBean.
Usage is something like:

BeanTester bt = new BeanTester(MyBean.class);
bt.addTest( "name", new Object[] { "Fred", "Jim", null, "" } );
bt.testProperties();

or     new BeanTester(MyBean.class).inferTests().testProperties();

SimpleBeanProxy. This may be in BeanUtils but I don't see it. Also it
infers JDK 1.3 dependency upon BeanUtils. Given a Bean interface, it
provides a basic implementation sitting on top of a HashMap. It would
additionally support DynaBean.

RandomBeanMaker. This creates Random beans. It would need a supporting
Random library with a similar structure to the Convert one. It uses
reflection to create beans from class structures and proxying to create
beans when an interface type exists.

BeanToString. This is one I'd assume BeanUtils has, but I don't see it. It
would create a toString under a certain scheme to show a bean's values.

That's the list for the moment :)

Hen