commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [Lang] proposed math extensions
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 21:42:18 GMT

I think I take the classic open source attitude to this. If someone gets
such a project going, and it has momemtum etc, I'm in favour of delegating
math parts out to it. However, I know it's not going to me, so unless such
a thing does happen I'm in favour of taking care of the basic parts in
Lang 2.0.

It's such a huge topic and such a difficult area due to a lack of support
from Java in certain ways that I'm not sure what the obvious next step
would be for a Commons.Math, beyond the basics.

Most of Phil's suggestion is 'Commons-Math-Statistics' to me. An entire
branch of maths and component all of its own.

Just my tuppence,

Hen