commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [logging] [patch] commons logging API implementation, delegating to avalon framework logging API
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 14:11:08 GMT
On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 01:05 PM, Neeme Praks wrote:

> thanks!
>
> However, you missed my patch to RELEASE-NOTES.txt (in my previous email)

as i understand it, the release notes are created manually before each new
release. (hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong.)

> And, I found out that I also had missed that I had changed TestAll.java
> as well, to include Avalon testcase. Patch attached.

avalon is an optional dependency (like log4j and jdk1.4). the avalon
logger should only be build and tested when the avalon-framework is found
in the classpath. so i added the avalon test as an optional test (just
like logj4 and jdk1.4) rather than as part of the main test.

hope's that's all cleared up now.

- robert