commons-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Priest <Robert.Pri...@bentley.com>
Subject [el] ExpressionEvaluatorImpl does not use ExpressionEvaluator cor rectly.
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 15:48:57 GMT
Hello,

I cannot build jakarta-commons\el because ExpressionEvaluatorImpl IT SAYS
that it does not define the correct "evaluator()" function from the abstract
class ExpressionEvaluator:

compile-only:
    [javac] Compiling 57 source files to
D:\Test\jakarta\cvs\jakarta-commons\el\
target\classes
    [javac]
D:\Test\jakarta\cvs\jakarta-commons\el\src\java\org\apache\commons\e
l\ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:124:
org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionEvaluatorImp
l should be declared abstract; it does not define
evaluate(java.lang.String,java
.lang.Class,javax.servlet.jsp.el.VariableResolver,javax.servlet.jsp.el.Funct
ionM
apper,java.lang.String) in javax.servlet.jsp.el.ExpressionEvaluator
    [javac] public class ExpressionEvaluatorImpl
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] 1 error

But I think it does. Am I missing something? I would really like to clear
this up if anyone could help. I need to compile jasper2.

ExpressionEvaluator has;

 public abstract Object evaluate( String expression,
			    Class expectedType,
			    VariableResolver vResolver,
			    FunctionMapper fMapper,
			    String defaultPrefix )
      throws ELException;

and ExpressionEvaluatorImpl has:

public Object evaluate (String pExpressionString,
			  Class pExpectedType,
                          VariableResolver pResolver,
			  FunctionMapper functions,
			  String defaultPrefix)