commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: messenger - deploying Messenger examples in Tomcat
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 12:59:35 GMT

Howdy,
It looks like the tomcat deployer is complaining about the manifest of
one of your jar files.  I'd guess it's the
commons-messenger-1.0-dev-12.jar.  Check that jar's manifest for empty
lines / lines with no CRLF, etc.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Rood, Simon [mailto:simon.rood@etrade.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 8:50 AM
>To: 'commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
>Subject: messenger - deploying Messenger examples in Tomcat
>
>Hi,
>
>Firstly, just like to say great idea.  MDO's will really help me.
>
>I am using Tomcat 4.1.24 to deploy the example Messenger webapp.
>
>I have downloaded Maven, compiled the Messenger code and copied the jar
>to a webapps/messenger/WEB-INF/lib directory, along with all the other
>jar's
>included in the Messenger build.  This build is:
>commons-messenger-1.0-dev-12.jar.
>
>However I get the following stack trace: see below.
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Kind Regards,
>
>Simon Rood
>
>2003-05-28 13:14:02 WebappLoader[/messenger]: Deploy JAR
>/WEB-INF/lib/commons-messenger-1.0-de
>v-12.jar to
>~srood/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/webapps/messenger/WEB-INF/lib/commons-mes
>senger-1.0-dev-12.jar
>2003-05-28 13:14:02 StandardHost[localhost]: ContainerBase.addChild:
start:
>LifecycleException:  start: :  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>commons-logging,commons-bea
>nutils,commons-collections,commons-digester,servletapi,jms,jta,xml-
>apis,ant,
>junit-Extension-Na
>me
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:678)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:353
0)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
ava:
>8
>21)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
yer.
>j
>ava:307
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.jav
a:55
>9
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:3
58)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
uppo
>r
>t.java:
>166)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497
)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9
>)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l
>.java:2
>5)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>----- Root Cause -----
>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>commons-logging,commons-beanutils,commons-collections,comm
>ons-digester,servletapi,jms,jta,xml-apis,ant,junit-Extension-Name
>        at java.util.jar.Attributes$Name.<init>(Attributes.java:399)
>        at java.util.jar.Attributes.getValue(Attributes.java:96)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.Extension.getRequired(Extension.java:415)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.Extension.getRequired(Extension.java:338)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.addJar(WebappClassLoader.j
ava:
>7
>06)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.setRepositories(WebappLoader.ja
va:1
>0
>67)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.start(WebappLoader.java:665)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:353
0)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
ava:
>8
>21)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
yer.
>j
>ava:307
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.jav
a:55
>9
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:3
58)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
uppo
>r
>t.java:
>166)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497
)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9
>)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l
>.java:2
>5)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>2003-05-28 13:14:02 StandardHost[localhost]: Error deploying
application at
>context path /mess
>enger
>java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
>LifecycleException:  start: :
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>commons-logging,commons-beanutils,commons-collections,com
>mons-digester,servletapi,jms,jta,xml-apis,ant,junit-Extension-Name
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
ava:
>8
>24)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
yer.
>j
>ava:307
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.jav
a:55
>9
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:3
58)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
uppo
>r
>t.java:
>166)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497
)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9
>)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l
>.java:2
>5)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>2003-05-28 13:14:02 HostConfig[localhost] Error deploying web
application
>directory messenger
>java.io.IOException: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
>ContainerBase.addChild: start: Lifecycle
>Exception:  start: :  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
>commons-logging,commons-beanutils,co
>mmons-collections,commons-digester,servletapi,jms,jta,xml-apis,ant,juni
t-
>Ext
>ension-Name
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
yer.
>j
>ava:312
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.jav
a:55
>9
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:3
58)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
uppo
>r
>t.java:
>166)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497
)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9
>)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l
>.java:2
>5)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>[mailto:commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org]
>Sent: 28 May 2003 13:39
>To: Rood, Simon
>Subject: WELCOME to commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
>commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org mailing list.
>
>I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
>at commons-dev-owner@jakarta.apache.org.
>
>Acknowledgment: I have added the address
>
>   simon.rood@etrade.com
>
>to the commons-dev mailing list.
>
>Welcome to commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org!
>
>Please save this message so that you know the address you are
>subscribed under, in case you later want to unsubscribe or change your
>subscription address.
>
>To unsubscribe, send a message to:
>
>    <commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>
>--- Administrative commands for the commons-dev list ---
>
>I can handle administrative requests automatically. Please
>do not send them to the list address! Instead, send
>your message to the correct command address:
>
>To subscribe to the list, send a message to:
>   <commons-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>To remove your address from the list, send a message to:
>   <commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>Send mail to the following for info and FAQ for this list:
>   <commons-dev-info@jakarta.apache.org>
>   <commons-dev-faq@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>Similar addresses exist for the digest list:
>   <commons-dev-digest-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>   <commons-dev-digest-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100 per request), mail:
>   <commons-dev-get.123_145@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>To get an index with subject and author for messages 123-456 , mail:
>   <commons-dev-index.123_456@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>They are always returned as sets of 100, max 2000 per request,
>so you'll actually get 100-499.
>
>To receive all messages with the same subject as message 12345,
>send an empty message to:
>   <commons-dev-thread.12345@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>The messages do not really need to be empty, but I will ignore
>their content. Only the ADDRESS you send to is important.
>
>You can start a subscription for an alternate address,
>for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
>address (with '=' instead of '@') after the command word:
><commons-dev-subscribe-john=host.domain@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>To stop subscription for this address, mail:
><commons-dev-unsubscribe-john=host.domain@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>In both cases, I'll send a confirmation message to that address. When
>you receive it, simply reply to it to complete your subscription.
>
>If despite following these instructions, you do not get the
>desired results, please contact my owner at
>commons-dev-owner@jakarta.apache.org. Please be patient, my owner is a
>lot slower than I am ;-)
>
>--- Enclosed is a copy of the request I received.
>
>Return-Path: <simon.rood@etrade.com>
>Received: (qmail 65596 invoked from network); 28 May 2003 12:38:52
-0000
>Received: from mx3m3.etrade.com (12.153.224.55)
>  by daedalus.apache.org with SMTP; 28 May 2003 12:38:52 -0000
>Received: from a1ntex2.etrade.com (a1ntex2.etrade.com [10.50.80.91])
>	by mx3m3.etrade.com (8.12.9/8.12.9) with SMTP id h4SCdGjD022540
>	for
><commons-dev-sc.1054125389.gpbgpaddmgkiddpikdmn-
>simon.rood=etrade.com@jakart
>a.apache.org>; Wed, 28 May 2003 05:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
>Received: from 10.50.80.91 by a1ntex2.etrade.com (InterScan E-Mail
>VirusWall
>NT); Wed, 28 May 2003 08:35:39 -0400
>Received: by a1ntex2.etrade.com with Internet Mail Service
(5.5.2653.19)
>	id <LXHA9YYX>; Wed, 28 May 2003 08:35:39 -0400
>Message-ID:
><8BDEEF46DB88AD4A958152B688C1BCB83583A6@lcy1ex1.corp.etradegrp.com>
>From: "Rood, Simon" <simon.rood@etrade.com>
>To:
>"'commons-dev-sc.1054125389.gpbgpaddmgkiddpikdmn-
>simon.rood=etrade.com@jakar
>ta.apache.org'"
>
><commons-dev-sc.1054125389.gpbgpaddmgkiddpikdmn-
>simon.rood=etrade.com@jakart
>a.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: confirm subscribe to commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
>Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:38:42 -0400
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
>Content-Type: text/plain;
>	charset="iso-8859-1"
>X-Spam-Rating: daedalus.apache.org 1.6.2 0/1000/N
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org




This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended
only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed,
disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message