commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [math] coding style
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 19:36:44 GMT
On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 08:19 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:

<snip>

> Looks to me like these are two areas where the standard
> does not really force the "right" way; but the examples in
> the standard all follow it.  Personally, I have no problem
> with either of these (especially the first), though I will
> have to train myself to avoid the "bad" pickled onions,
> since I tend to generate these.
>
> It may take me a while -- I really want to get the rest of
> the initial stuff that I wanted to contribute out there for
> discussion and get started on the docs -- but I will bring
> all of the stuff that I have submitted into compliance.
>
> If it is acceptable, I will make one final submission this
> evening or tomorrow AM before I have maven and CheckStyle
> set up (though paying attention to what it has complained
> about).  Moving forward, I will submit only clean code.

don't worry too much about checkstyle at the moment. the default setting
isn't precisely the jakarta or sun standard. once we've reached some kind
of consensus about which of rules apply to this project we can set up
checkstyle to enforce them, document and then go through the code and fix
all deviations. this easier than having to fix the code several times.

- robert