commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: opening up jakarta-commons-sandbox
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 10:55:42 GMT

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 10:40 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 23.04.2003 16:21:37 robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 02:51 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>
>>> Here's the vote (with proposed patch):
>>> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=commons-
>>> dev@jakarta.apache.org&by=thread&from=38582
>>
>> thanks for the url.
>>
>> technically the VOTE passed but no one acted on it. i have a feeling that
>> this was because those proposing the VOTE thought that there were issues
>> remaining to be resolved. (that's why i'm in favour of posting
>> [RESULT][VOTE] emails so that it's clear when a VOTE is complete.)
>>
>> i'd say that leo did the right thing by raising the question before
>> implementing the change. this should give anyone who objects the chance
>> veto it. (i've CC'd the PMC so that anyone from there who wants to raise
>> an objection or has an opinion they want to express has the chance to do
>> so. i'd suggest that do so here on commons-dev.)
>
> Were there any objections or reactions on the PMC list? Nothing on this
> list AFAIK.

i haven't heard anything either - so i've now committed the change to the
charter.

>>> Is the Commons project already ramped up? I didn't follow.
>>
>> IMHO this is the Apache Way :)
>>
>> AFAIK the VOTE's been passed, the lists created and a PMC created. not
>> much has happened since no one's had a compelling itch.
>
> I'm itching to working on commons-io. :-) I want to use it in FOP and
> would like to continue transfer a few things over. Eventually, I'd like
> to see a 1.0 release.

the approved patch has now been committed. so all you need to do is ask
for karma (giving your apache user name). i'd recommend making contact in
the list with the other committers for io (there's listed in the
STATUS.html file) before you do anything too drastic. you should also
remember to add your name to the STATUS.html for io (once you start
committing changes).

- robert