commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] patches
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 21:39:07 GMT

O'brien, Tim wrote:

>Sorry, some clarification.
>
>I guess what I'm trying to say here is.  Please submit patches.  Even if
>your changes rely on patches which have yet to be committed - you are
>allowed to submit a patch which depends on another patch being applied.

patches are much easier to apply, even when out of date...

>You'll help Mark and I.  MArk, I see you are in the avail file and have
>the necessary karma.  Update that project.xml file.

Hmm, it appears I'm having a little difficulty commiting. I'm going back
through the commiter info to see if I'm missing something. I keep
getting the following error on a freshly checked out version of math.
I've simply edited the project.xml file and am trying to commit it,
updating it doesn't cause any conflicts, so I know its not a conflict
causing this.

The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
  math: cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
  math: cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Any tips?
-Mark