commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [math] log representaion of sums was:Re: [math] Priorities, help needed
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 04:43:11 GMT
Brent Worden wrote:
>>For starters, I was going to implement the t-test statistic and submit it
>>for addition.
>>
>>Brent Worden
>

> I've finished adding the one-sample t-test statistic to TestStatistic.
> Incorporate it if you'd like.  It leverages the UnivariteImpl to avoid
> duplicating the summary statistic computations.
>
> I've attached the updated source files for review.  Is there a different
> way, other than the mailing list, that I should be submitting these changes?
> Please let me know.

I usually submit patches (cvs diffs if they are patches to existing
stuff, plain text files if new classes) as attachments to bug reports in
Bugzilla.  That makes tracking a little easier and does not clutter
peoples' inboxes with patches.

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Commons

Select sandbox and put [math] in front of the description.

I did not seem to get the attachment to this message.  You may want to
go ahead and submit it to Bugzilla.

> Along with the t-test statistic, the one task item:
> t-test statistic needs to be added and we should probably add the capability
> of actually performing t- and chi-square tests at fixed significance levels
> (.1, .05, .01, .001).
> calls for the computation of p-values.  If no one else has started
> implementing t and chi-square distributions, I wouldn't mind doing it.

Please do. Thanks!!